Let’s examine a few instances better to comprehend the causes of a flight’s cancellation:
- Bad weather, such as typhoons and thick fog.
- Bankruptcy of the airline industry
- Any calamity caused by nature, such as earthquakes, floods, etc.
- Any strikes or other protests by the staff of the airline
Your cancellation fees will be reimbursed by the airline in such situations and for any other carrier-related causes. *
If your flight is cancelled, will you get compensation?
Yes, to answer briefly. If one of the reasons you were insured for results in a cancellation, interruption, or rescheduling, you will be paid. Your flight could be cancelled for a number of reasons, including unforeseen technical difficulties, natural disasters, terrorist acts, or unfavourable social or political circumstances. *
What happens if a trip is cancelled with travel insurance?
There are several factors to take into account if you decide to cancel your vacation. You ought to be well informed of the benefits of your policy’s travel insurance cover in this situation. Here are a few illustrations to help you understand:
- You or anybody travelling with you becomes ill (including COVID-19) or is involved in an accident
- In the case that a member of your immediate family passes away
- You, any fellow passengers, or a loved one has an injury that makes travel impossible.
If you don’t have travel cancellation insurance in such a situation, you won’t be reimbursed for your flight tickets, reserved lodging, etc. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you obtain the finest flight ticket cancellation insurance coverage as soon as you have bought your tickets in order to prevent losses.
How can I make a claim for my flight insurance?
Find out how to submit an insurance claim for a cancelled flight under your flight travel insurance policy:
Step 1 is to explain the cancellation to your insurance company.
Step 2: Submit any necessary paperwork, including a claim form that has been properly filled out, a copy of the communication with the airline attesting to the cancellation, original receipts, and any other pertinent paperwork.
Please be aware that if you don’t cancel your flight at least 24 hours before its scheduled departure, most insurers won’t accept any flight cancellation claims. In addition to this, a variety of other factors could influence your pay.
When is it not possible to get compensation for a cancelled flight?
Travelling provides an escape from the monotony of daily life, but airline cancellations not only mess with your plans but also cost you money. In such circumstances, flight travel insurance plans aid you with the reimbursements. Below are some circumstances when you won’t be reimbursed:
- Cancellations because of depression, anxiety, drug or alcohol misuse, and other nervous problems
- Because of any cosmetic procedure that wasn’t caused by accident
- Pregnancy-related cancellations and other relevant difficulties
- If you travelled with a pre-existing ailment against your doctor’s advise
- Issued strikes and labour disputes before you bought the travel insurance from India,
- Cancellations brought on by the negligence of the transport company or agent
- Any delays brought on by the port authority’s and other comparable organisations’ directives
To sum up, any circumstance could arise and force you to change your plans. This is why it’s crucial to have a robust travel insurance strategy. You should also check to see if your issue is covered by your travel insurance from India.
You won’t be able to make a claim for reimbursement under your flight cancellation insurance if it isn’t. As a result, you need to carefully study the terms of your international travel insurance coverage. Before you buy travel insurance online, your must comprehend your travel insurance policy’s eligibility and choose the best option for your particular circumstances.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.